IGN’s The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Wiki Guide contains a complete walkthrough for the main questline, an interactive map that details all of the important locations such as Skyrim, Whiterun, Riften, and Solstheim, along with tips and advice. secrets, tips and tricks, and more. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is currently available on PC / Steam, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and more, and was first released on November 11. 2011. It has also been updated to include content from the Skyrim Special Edition and Anniversary Edition.
The Tamriel Empire is on the brink. The High King of Skyrim has been assassinated. Alliances are formed as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous ancient evil is awakened.
The Dragons, long lost in the passages of the Elder Scrolls, are back in Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they await the coming of the prophesied Dragonborn; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand among the dragons.
The locations of dragons, dungeons, notable personalities, standing stones, word walls and more can be found on Skyrim’s interactive map.
A comprehensive guide to the Dragonborn saga, including tips for each dungeon you will visit and the characters you will encounter. Click on a section below to get started, or head over to the Main Quests section for the full guide.
The quests in your journal are divided into several sections, which can be followed at any time to highlight points on your map and a compass alerting you to nearby quest objectives.
- Main Quests – There are 18 to complete, as you unravel the legacy of the Dragonborn, learn the powers of the mystical dragons, and stop the end of the world by defeating Alduin.
- Civil War Quests – Alongside the Stormcloaks or Imperials in 12 great quests to complete, as you battle for control of Skyrim.
- Guild Quests – Choose one of the guilds to join and become a master of your craft – and get help with all 6 Companion Quests, 8 College of Winterhold Quests, 14 Thieves Guild Quests and 18 of the Dark Brotherhood quests.
- Side quests
- Our own Skill Builder to plan the perfect hero, with information on all skills and ways to improve them.
- Information on all guilds and factions to help you align your character and gain new followers.
- Everything you need to know about marriage, and finding the right marriage partners for your character.
- The best tips and tricks for approaching the game like a pro, including dos and don’ts, and things Skyrim doesn’t tell you.
For a full list of sections, check out the navigation bar on the left or check out our popular sections below.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim features three major DLCs that each contain new quests and features. To learn more about each DLC, click the guides below to find everything you need to know about the current Skyrim DLC.
Looking to improve Skyrim’s graphics or just want to add some unique gameplay functionality? Check out the Skyrim Modding guides below for even more information on modding the game.