CODE, implements, tests, maintains and documents solutions in a DevOps environment as the next junior application developer sought by a provider of quality certification and cold chain management services. Some of your duties will include performing unit testing and integration testing, processing audit results and ensuring corrective actions are taken while participating in secure code reviews and managing and maintaining Wiki . The ideal candidate should hold a 3-year National Diploma in ICT, have 2+ years of development experience, be able to interpret business requirements and technical design and your technology tools should include SQL, C#, .Net Core, ReactJS/Blazor, jQuery, Node.js, COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF & OWASP. Please note that this is a 3 year fixed term contract.
- Perform unit testing and integration testing.
- Address all assigned audit findings and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Develop, test and securely maintain well-designed and effective applications in accordance with user testimonials and ensure acceptance criteria are met.
- Participate in secure code reviews and timely address assigned technical debt.
- Ensure system documentation is kept up to date during sprint cycles (Azure DevOps Services).
- Coordinate with line functions to ensure the highest level of software quality (Senior Developers, Project Manager, Application Development Manager, Application Support, Test Manager, etc.).
- Responsible for delivery within given ICT operational plans.
- Provide insights and compilation of application development dashboards.
- Drive development.
- Ensure compliance with procedures and controls to manage software development.
- Manage and maintain Wiki.
- Coherence of relations with the Project team.
- 3-year National Diploma/Diploma in ICT.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Experience in at least some of the development technologies/products, standards, tools and methodologies.
- MS SQL, C# and .Net Core.
- REST, JSON, SOAP, XML.
- ReactJS/Blazer, jQuery, Node.js.
- Agile experience.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Ability to interpret business requirements and implement technical design.
- Knowledge of latest application development practices.
- Knowledge of software development governance frameworks and standards e.g. COBIT, ITIL, DevOps, TOGAF, OWASP, etc.
- Working knowledge of APIs, microservices, networks, PC/Mac operating systems and mobile devices.
- Relevant certifications in software development.
- Experience in mobile development (Android, Xamarin Forms).
- Experience in Azure DevOps services.
- Experience in MVC, MVVM, UML and Visio.
- Code analysis tools like SonarCloud.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing DevOps and keep pace with the latest thinking and new development technologies.
- Strong collaborative problem-solving and analytical ability to manage multiple sources of information.
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to function in a flexible and dynamic environment where creative and “outside the box” thinking is required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Display an understanding of the different functions within an organization.
- The ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ensure the delivery of professional and value-added services and establish and maintain good relationships with clients.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.