- UI programming (Swing, HTML5, CSS).
- Integrate third-party solutions (SOAP, REST, iDocs).
- Hardware integration (eg card terminal, POS printer, fingerprint sensors).
- Design, prototype and implement new solutions and software extensions.
- Create technical instructions or documentation (UML, Wiki, SDK, etc.).
- Printing reports and lines using JasperReports, iText.
- University degree in information science, computer specialist or similar training.
- 5+ years developing retail POS solutions, preferably Java-based.
- More than 5 years of experience in the development of enterprise solutions in Java.
- A developing understanding of the SAP retail solution offering and integration concepts within that solution offering.
- Good effective communicator in writing, business presentations and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of PMLC.
- Experience and knowledge in software ergonomics or user interface design
- Knowledge of Eclipse, Spring, SVN, Junit, Webservices, GWT, CI (Jenkins, Nexus)
- Good knowledge of SQL for Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Knowledge of the SAP solution is a major asset
- Knowledge of SAP integration is a strong requirement.
- Strong documentation and meticulous record keeping, including notes of all meetings and decisions made in projects. As this is an international project team, documentation is critical to joint alignment and achieving results.
- Fluency in German is a strong asset.
- A motivated, proactive and dynamic person with a constant desire to learn and improve.
- A goal-oriented individual with a strong track record of delivering value to customers and bringing new technologies to market.
- Strong business acumen and experience working with large corporations in a matrix structure.
- Able to deal with clients and contractors at various levels including senior management and management.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and troubleshooting skills.
- Can establish a relationship of trust with the client
- Able to manage conflict and conflict resolution situations
- Takes initiative and self-educates and acquires skills to learn internal systems such as JIRA, Confluence, etc. in support of project delivery and management.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position