The GTA 5 modding community is one of the main reasons the game still has a large fan base who have been playing it for over a decade. Despite the fact that it is difficult to apply or even create mods for GTA 5, many fans have still created excellent mods to modify the game almost entirely.
For many players, mods are always something that seems inaccessible and difficult to achieve. Luckily, in recent years, many new apps have been created to make the process of installing mods in GTA 5 quick and easy.
For players who want to install mods in their game but don’t know where to start, this article will provide step by step instructions on how to install mods in GTA 5.
Here is a step by step guide to install mods in GTA 5
Before players begin this process, they should note that there are different types of mods for GTA 5, which will require different types of apps and trainers to properly install in the game.
They will likely need to install these apps for this tutorial to work properly. Another thing to keep in mind is that all of these mods should only be used in single player mode as their use is not allowed in GTA Online.
The steps are to download .ASI mods for GTA 5
- Players need to find the folder where their Grand Theft Auto 5 main app is located and keep the folder open in the background.
- Then they will have to download OpenIV from its official site.
- OpenIV will begin to install, and during this process the app will ask for the location of Grand Theft Auto 5, so players will only need to select the location of the file they have open in the background when of the first step.
- Once the app has located the Grand Theft Auto 5 files, players should go to the ASI Manager, which they can access through the Tools tab.
- They must now install the three options: ASI loader, OpenIV.ASI and openCamera. If players receive a “Create Mod Folder” prompt, they should select the “Yes” option.
For the next part of this process, they will need a training module. To get this mod, they can go to one of the popular GTA mod websites and download a training mod, the most popular and easy to use being “Menyoo”.
Here’s what players should do:
- After opening the main page of the Menyoo trainer, players need to click on the Download button.
- All files should be extracted and pasted into the GTA 5 folder.
- They should then load the game and open that trainer following the instructions given by the downloader for that trainer.
If Coach Menyoo does not appear in-game, he will need to install “Script Hook V” and follow steps 6, 7, and 8 again.
Steps to Download DLL/.NET Mods
- Players should go to any popular Grand Theft Auto 5 mod download website.
- They need to find Community Script Hook .NET, which needs to be downloaded.
- The files should be extracted from Community Script Hook .NET and pasted into the Grand Theft Auto 5 folder.
- Players can now download any mod they want, which has a .NET file.
- A new folder should then be created in the Grand Theft Auto 5 folder.
- They now need to extract the files from the mod they downloaded and paste them into the new folder they just created.
At this point players just need to follow the downloader instructions for the particular mod they downloaded while playing the game and it should be functional.
Steps to install replacement mods and add-ons
- Players should open their GTA 5 folder, then go to update, then x64, then dlcpacks, then open the latest patches folder.
- After this step, they should open the dlc.rpf file and enable edit mode.
- Players should now go back to x64, then navigate to the levels folder, then gta5, and finally open vehicles.rpf
- Players should now extract the replacement mod to the vehicles.rpf folder.
By following these steps, players will be able to obtain replacement mods in their version of Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Players should create a new folder called “mod”.
- Within this folder, another subfolder called “x64” should be created. Inside of it, they need to create another folder called “update”.
- Now players should get the latest patch folder and copy and paste it into the new update folder they created.
- They need to go back to the original update folder and grab the update.rpf file, so it can be copied and pasted into the newly created “update” folder.
- After this step, they should install all add-on files in the last copied patch folder. Note that edit mode must be enabled for this.
- Players should now navigate to update.rpf > common > data > dlclist.xml. There they have to edit the name of the mod they just downloaded.
This is probably one of the easiest ways to integrate add-ons into Grand Theft Auto 5, but if they want they can also use Script Hook V to achieve the same result.
For full guides and walkthroughs, check out SK GTA Wiki