Alka Mittal wiki bio: Alka Mittal is now the first woman to lead ONGC as President and CEO. The meeting took place yesterday. She replaced Subhash Kumar for the role after her retirement on December 31, 2021.
Here’s everything you want to know about Alka Mittal
- She will serve as president and chief executive officer for a period of six months or until a full president is appointed. It depends on what comes first.
- She made history running India’s largest exploration and production company.
- On top of that, she is also the second woman in the country to run an oil company. The first woman was Nishi Vasudeva who made the story in March 2014. She ran Hindustan Petroleum.
- Mittal holds a graduate degree in economics. She completed her MBA (HRM) and PhD in Commerce and Business Studies, according to a report.
- According to the company’s website, Mittal joined ONGC as a graduate intern in 1985.
Suggested reading: Kugandrie Govender becomes first woman to lead cricket in South Africa
- She joined the company’s board of directors on November 27, 2019.
- She is often recognized for ensuring a safe working environment for their employees and in particular for women. She has also introduced numerous programs to develop the talents and upgrade the skills of the large CGSB workforce, especially women.
- Before taking up her role as director, she was responsible for skills development within NGOs.
- While in charge of CSD, she implemented the National Apprenticeship Promotion Program (NAPS) at ONGC. This hired more than 5,000 apprentices in all the work centers.
- Before that, she worked as Head CSR at the head office. In 2009, she was leading HR-ER functions in various capacities in different regions including Vadodara, Mumbai, Delhi and Jorhat. At the same time, she was responsible for corporate communications for ONGC.
Suggested reading: Alka Mittal Becomes First Woman to Lead Oil and Natural Gas Corporation